Fire in central Auckland building

Last updated 15:57 24/01/2013

Relevant offers

National

'Staff are so panicked': Otahuhu Subway robbed by same person three weeks in a row Theft charge for teen who looted train after Kaikoura earthquake Young woman resuscitates drowning man, five days after learning first aid Search and rescue operation to find missing swimmer Welcome to Paekakariki campground - no visitors allowed Support grows for 'Coastal Pacific Rail Trail' between Picton and Christchurch 'Dangerous driving' in stolen car, three injured New Zealand $50 bank note selected for international competition Thirty years after his astonishing journey to New Zealand, Vietnamese refugee Tran Lawrence is finally comfortable in his own skin Medical professional on trial, accused of kissing patient before surgery

Firefighters have doused a blaze on Upper Queen St in Auckland this afternoon.

Fire communications shift commander Megan Ruru said emergency services were called to the Localist building about1.50pm.

Ruru said it's believed the fire started in a transformer cable in the basement of the building.

The building had been evacuated and there have been no reports of injuries.

A resident said he could no longer see smoke or fire coming from the building. 

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content