Man burned by oil vat in KFC

JOELLE DALLY
Last updated 19:28 10/02/2013

Relevant offers

National

Police bust house with over 300 stolen garden ornaments Beggar guilty of fraud for begging for food and shelter while on benefit Sam Neill doesn't want you to buy Cadbury chocolate - ever again Living on truck after eviction from contaminated home 'Malicious gossip' about Hawke's Bay Regional Council CEO Andrew Newman resignation turns out to be true Auckland's North Shore sizzling hot for real estate prices Worker shaken after ram raid at Huntly Mobil Council reunites cat's body with owner for farewell New building consent numbers don't reflect full picture on Auckland's North Shore Editorial: Public service bosses can't expect sky-high salaries

A 21-year-old man is in Christchurch Hospital after suffering burns to 15 per cent of his body in a reported oil vat spill at a KFC restaurant in Rangiora today.


Were you there? Phone the Press newsroom on 943-2684 or click here to email us. a>


St John Ambulance district operations manager Pete Cain said paramedics were called to incident at 1.43pm.  The man was understood to be conscious but in a lot of pain.

Paramedics treated the man at the scene before transporting him to hospital, he said.

A KFC restaurant manager said: ‘‘we have no comments at this stage’’.

A Canterbury District Health Board spokeswoman said the man was in a stable condition.


Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content