A fire that broke out at a Christchurch rubbish dump early this morning has forced its closure for two days.
A fire spokesperson said it seemed something had been dumped in a rubbish pit at EcoDrop in Bromley that had caused the surrounding refuse to smolder until it burst into flames.
Two fire units attended the incident about 4.30am and dampened it down for about two hours.
The Christchurch City Council said the station would be closed for the next two days while investigations were undertaken.
- The Press
Have you adjusted to the new alcohol limits for drivers?Related story: New alcohol limits catch first drivers