Three injured after gas leak
Three people have been injured after a gas leak in Waltham this afternoon.
A Fire Service spokesman said crews were alerted to the gas leak in Mowbray St about 1.10pm.
"Ambulance told us three persons were injured and being treated for inhaling a chemical substance. The crews hopped in their chemical gear and ventilated the area. There was some sort of gas leak," he said.
The three men, all in their 20s, are now in a "comfortable condition" in Christchurch Hospital.
A hospital spokeswoman said they were likely to be discharged today.
It was not known what sort of gas they had been exposed to.
The leak occurred at a business.
Police blocked off the street.
- The Press
Is the mayor correct to put libraries, pools and community facilities ahead of the Town Hall?Related story: (See story)