Pair burnt in camping accident

Last updated 09:12 26/12/2012

Relevant offers

A father and son have been flown to hospital with burns after boiling water on a camp stove tipped on them.

The man in his 50s and his 14-year-old son were flown from Tonga Quarry Camp in Abel Tasman National Park about 9.15pm yesterday.

A Nelson Marlborough rescue helicopter spokesman said they received burns from boiling water when a camp stove was accidentally knocked over.

Because of their location, the helicopter was unable to land.

Instead, a paramedic was winched down to the pair to give first aid, before they were all winched onto the helicopter.

They were flown for treatment at Nelson Hospital.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers
Opinion poll

Is the mayor correct to put libraries, pools and community facilities ahead of the Town Hall?

Absolutely, they're far more important

I think funds should be split between those facilities and the town hall

No, the Town Hall should be rebuilt first

Just demolish the Town Hall completely instead of rebuilding

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Then and Now