Man burned by oil vat in KFC

JOELLE DALLY
Last updated 19:28 10/02/2013

Relevant offers

A 21-year-old man is in Christchurch Hospital after suffering burns to 15 per cent of his body in a reported oil vat spill at a KFC restaurant in Rangiora today.


Were you there? Phone the Press newsroom on 943-2684 or click here to email us. a>


St John Ambulance district operations manager Pete Cain said paramedics were called to incident at 1.43pm.  The man was understood to be conscious but in a lot of pain.

Paramedics treated the man at the scene before transporting him to hospital, he said.

A KFC restaurant manager said: ‘‘we have no comments at this stage’’.

A Canterbury District Health Board spokeswoman said the man was in a stable condition.


Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers
Opinion poll

Is the mayor correct to put libraries, pools and community facilities ahead of the Town Hall?

Absolutely, they're far more important

I think funds should be split between those facilities and the town hall

No, the Town Hall should be rebuilt first

Just demolish the Town Hall completely instead of rebuilding

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Then and Now