Burnt KFC worker in serious condition
A KFC worker who suffered burns to 15 per cent of his body after an oil vat accident remains in a serious condition in hospital.
Paramedics were called to the Rangiora KFC at 1.43pm on Saturday after a 21-year-old man was burnt by hot oil.
St John district operations manager Pete Cain said the man had suffered burns to 15 per cent of his body.
He was conscious when emergency services arrived at the scene, but was in a lot of pain.
He was treated at the scene before being taken to Christchurch Hospital.
A hospital spokeswoman said the man was in a serious but stable condition in the intensive care unit today.
A Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment spokesman said the ministry was investigating the incident, but it could take a few weeks before its report was completed.
A Rangiora KFC manager would not comment on the incident.
- The Press
Would you consider using your retirement savings to buy a home?Related story: Retirement savings used for first home