Five more indecent-assault charges have been laid against the man alleged to be the ''Port Hills groper'', and police say more may be laid.
The 63-year-old man has interim name suppression and now has 15 indecent-assault charges listed against him.
Women exercising alone on the Port Hills said they were grabbed, groped and licked by the man.
The assaults happened near the Rapaki and Mt Vernon tracks and in St Martins.
The oldest charge dates back to 2010.
In the Christchurch District Court today, public defender counsel Moana Cole said she had just been assigned as counsel and was not yet in a position to argue the name-suppression application.
She had been told that police may lay more charges.
Judge Jackie Moran said the name suppression would continue until his next appearance, although the man may pose a risk to the public.
She remanded on bail him to February 25.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Which do you think is the quote of the year?Related story: Best quotes? Cats, sweat and Aaron Gilmore