Wild weather, earthquakes, death and Cup Day have been the most read-about topics on the online version of The Press this year.
The polar blast to hit Christchurch in June was by far the most read-about topic with our top six stories all about extreme weather events.
Five of those six articles were about the wild weather in June, attracting 273,388 page views in total. The sixth story was about the storm in September.
A story about the magnitude 4.6 earthquake in November centred in The Gap, southwest of Christchurch, was the seventh most read this year, with a touch over 35,000 views.
News about schools, in particular the imminent closure of some Christchurch schools, also attracts a lot of interest on press.co.nz.
A story published in late May about the fate of 19 schools in the region pulled 34,795 views.
Top 15 most-read articles on press.co.nz:
- Christchurch polar blast not yet over, June 21 - 72,443 views
- Winter storm 'crunch time' yet to come, June 20 - 62,083 views
- Flooding closes roads, schools, June 17 - 55,652 views
- Canterbury could get 'worst snowfall in 20 years', June 17 - 46,088 views
- Storms wreak havoc in Canterbury, Sep 9 - 38,706 views
- 20 motorists stranded by snow, June 19 - 37,122 views
- 4.6 quake centred in 'The Gap', Nov 19 - 35,071 views
- 19 schools hear their fate, May 29 - 34,795 views
- Christchurch wakes to snow and shake, May 29 - 34,099 views
- Missing German woman's body found, Jan 30 - 28,783 views
- Midnight motocross ride ends in tragedy, May 26 - 28,589 views
- Cup Day: Rolling coverage, Nov 12 - 27,878 views
- Poll: Dalziel vs Parker for Mayor, June 18 - 27, 683 views
- 'Bone-chilling' weather set to hit region, June 18 - 27,538 views
- Husband runs over wife in 4WD accident, Oct 24 - 25, 062 views
- The Press
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled