Man denies drive-by robbery

Last updated 14:08 13/01/2014

Relevant offers

A 26-year-old man denies being involved in an inner-city street robbery early on Saturday morning.

Joshua Lukic, a Rangiora labourer, had his bail application delayed at a hearing before Judge Gary MacAskill in the Christchurch District Court today.

The police officer in charge of the investigation will be present to answer questions when the case is next called on January 23. Lukic will appear by video-link from the prison.

He is charged with pulling up alongside and then robbing two youths on Fitzgerald Avenue, near Tuam Street, with two unknown associates in the early hours of Saturday.

The two victims were allegedly robbed of $60, two cellphones, a hat, top, bag, four spray cans, a backpack, and a pack of pre-mixed drinks.

Defence counsel Serina Bailey told the court today that Lukic denied any involvement and said the car had been taken from him earlier by force.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers
Opinion poll

The lower drink-driving limits from December are:

Great - too much carnage on our roads.

Overkill - targets moderate drinkers, not the heavies

Still too little - make it zero tolerance.

Sensible - punishment is in line with lesser breaches of limit.

Vote Result

Related story: Drink-drive limits lowered

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Then and Now