Christchurch City Council has closed further roads due to flooding.
- Edgeware Rd between Geraldine St and Hills Rd
- Champion St approximately 100-200m in from Edgeware Rd
- Geraldine St between Warrington and Edgeware
- Lower Styx Rd is closed from 3km east of Marshlands to 100m west of Heyders Rd
Earlier the council announced the following closures of streets in Mairehau: Flockton Street, Speight Street, Aylesford Street, Squire Street, Archer Street, Carrick Street, Thornton Street and Harrison Street.
Other streets affected by flooding include: Sawyers Arms Road (from North end to Broughs Road), Emmett Street, Shirley, Northwood Boulevard roundabout, River Road (from North Avon to Banks Ave School).
Le Bons Bay, Valley Road, Stoney Bay Road and Gap Road are also closed due to flooding as are Okains Bay Road - Duvauchelle to Okains Bay (slips and fallen debris), Western Valley Road - Little River to Port Levy (slips and fallen debris), Fitzgerald Ave Bridge - northbound lane closed, Eastern Terrace - from Tennyson Street to Birdwood, Ernlea Terrace - from Colombo to end of the street.
Waimakariri District Council has also listed the following road closures due to flooding:
- Ashley Bridge is closed due to rising river levels - detour via Harleston Rd.
- Wyllies and Toppings roads closed due to flooding - detour through Harleston Rd.
- Broad Rd and Makerikeri Bridge closed due to flooding.
- Dixons Rd, Loburn, closed as the approach to the bridge is washed out. Detour via Carrs Rd and Station Rd.
- Ranfurly St, Kaiapoi, by the Old Mill is closed.
- © Fairfax NZ News