Christchurch Earthquake 2011
The award winning Hallensteins building joined a long list of properties in the central city that have fallen under the demolition hammer
The building at the corner of Cashel Mall and High Street replaced the old Hallensteins building that was built in 1920 and demolished in 2004.
The flagship building housed retail outlet tenants, while upstairs was occupied by Unlimited Paenga Tawhiti School.
- Fairfax Media
Should the Canterbury Provincial Council buildings be restored?Related story: Provincial chambers repair bill $70m