Driver 'affected' by gas fumes
Hills and Harbour
A digger driver has been treated by paramedics after he was potentially exposed to leaked gas.
The Fire Service was called to Galilee Ln, Clifton, about 10.40am today after a digger driver was affected by fumes.
A spokesman said firefighters reported a "strange smell" on arrival, but were unable to find the source.
They left the area just under an hour later after determining the smell was no longer a concern.
A St John spokesman said the digger driver suffered minor injuries and was taken to Christchurch Hospital for observation.
- The Press