House fire in Harewood

NICOLE MATHEWSON
Last updated 14:00 21/01/2014

Relevant offers

North+West

Traffic delays as van and 4WD collide 'Problem' Christchurch bar shut down Road blocked after truck jackknifes Girls' High loses bid to delay cycle path Armed dairy robber still on the run Uni students free to drink on campus Man freed from wreckage at Templeton crash Woman's back broken in alleged assault $10m rail option rejected as too costly New shops to be built at Hornby

A electrical fault in an oven is believed to be responsible for a house fire in suburban Christchurch this morning.

The fire in a ground-floor room of a two-storey house in Harewood was reported to emergency services just before 7.30am today.

A Fire Service spokeswoman said the blaze was only small when two fire crews from the Harewood station arrived at the Crofton Rd house. 

The occupants of the house were away on holiday at the time of the fire, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in an oven.

Some kitchen equipment was damaged, but a neighbour called firefighters before the fire spread further. 
No one was injured in the incident.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers
Opinion poll

How do you pronounce Hei Hei?

Hi Hi

Hey Hey

I've got no idea!

Vote Result

Related story: So how do you pronounce Hei Hei?

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content