New road works cause delays
New road works are causing delays in Christchurch this morning.
Christchurch Transport Operations Centre (CTOC) said a new work site at the intersection of Madras and St Asaph streets was causing delays on the approach from Madras St to Moorhouse Ave.
Both Madras and St Asaph streets are reduced to one lane for wastewater repair work.
CTOC recommended Fitzgerald Ave for northbound traffic.
Other road works in the central city:
- Manchester St between Kilmore and Armagh streets is southbound only. A detour is in place for northbound traffic.
- Armagh St is closed between Montreal and Durham streets.
- Hereford St bridge intersection is eastbound only.
- Durham St is still one lane from Kilmore St to south of St Asaph St.
- Barbadoes St is reduced to one lane in places from Bealey Ave to Moorhouse Ave.
- Park Tce is southbound only between Kimore and Armagh streets.
Other city road works:
- Avonside Dr will be closed between Stanmore Rd and Linwood Ave from tomorrow. A detour will be in place.
- Anzac Dr between Wainoni and Pages roads will have reduced lanes, but will remain two-way.