Firefighter hurt battling blaze

Last updated 08:48 01/01/2014

Relevant offers

West Coast

Severe weather watch for West Coast Brownlee lashes 'tosspot' journalist Motueka man falls for Otira - buys it Stabbed tourist finishes her tour 'Boil water' notice after chlorine gas leak Company to dig for South Island treasure Chimney filters join battle against pollution Shortfall of $7.2m for hospital West Coast tourism brighter as visitors rise Police seek Kumara man

A firefighter suffered smoke inhalation while battling a house fire in the West Coast overnight, the Fire Service says.

The house in Cobden, Greymouth, was well ablaze when firefighers arrived about 1.20am, fire southern communications shift manager Brent Dunn said.

It was located on the corner of Peel Street and Clifford Street.

Four fire trucks were needed to fight the blaze, which left the house severely damaged, he said.

The injured firefighter was treated by ambulance.

No one else was injured, despite reports there had been someone in the property, Dunn said.

A fire safety unit from Nelson is investigating the cause of the fire.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Comments

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content