The 10 commandments of Mick Jagger
The 10 commandments of Mick Jagger:
1. Thou shalt not find satisfaction.
2. Thou love, sister, is just a kiss away.
3. Thou shalt not let wild horses drag thee away.
4. If thou shalt start thee up, thou shalt know thee will never stop.
5. Thou shalt come to thou emotional rescue.
6. Thou twas born in a cross-fire hurricane.
7. Thou shalt go running for the shelter of thou mother's little helper.
8. Thou will never be thy beast of burden.
9. Thou all need someone thou can bleed on.
10. Thou shalt not always get what thou want.
WIN WIN WIN
Fifty years ago today The Rolling Stones played their first gig at London's Marquee Club, earning themselves a tidy 30 quid.
To celebrate I have a copy of 50 Years: The Rolling Stones Views from the Inside, Views from the Outside by Hanspeter Künzler to give away to one lucky reader.
It's an e-book with a difference, much of the material has never been seen before and the book is over 2000 pages with over 150 images.
''It's not only a journey through 50 years of the Rolling Stones,'' says publisher Matthias Wurfl, ''but also the history and evolution of music, press and western society of the last half century.''
To enter the draw to win a copy of this e-book, email me at Vicki.Anderson@press.co.nz and include your favourite Mick Jagger commandment from above in the subject line.
Entries close at 5pm on Friday, July 20. (If you don't win you can buy it on Amazon and iTunes.)