Tunes that win hearts
What's your favourite love song?
Ahead of Valentines Day, Spotify reckons Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting is New Zealand's most popular love song.
The track, which was the second single from Marx's 1989 album, Repeat Offender, is the favourite from Spotify users based on streaming figures from love song playlists.
It narrowly beat Bryan Adams' Heaven into second place, while I Want to Know What Love Is, by Foreigner, was third.
This is Spotify's top 10 love song playlist:
1. Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx
2. Heaven - Bryan Adams
3. I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
4. How Am I Supposed to Live Without You - Michael Bolton
5. It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
6. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
7. Endless Love - Diana Ross
8. Make You Feel My Love - Adele
9. The Lady in Red - Chris De Burgh
10. Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston
If you are single and looking for like-minded power ballad lovers to meet, Spotify apps Fellody and Tastebuds might be for you.
Fellody gives users the chance to flirt, date, chat and go to gigs.
By dragging and dropping playlists into Fellody, users will see a list of other Spotify fans matching their music profile, age and location who they can then get in touch with.
The Tastebuds app lets users find people near them who share their taste in music. By simply scanning their library, users are matched by taste and location.
Is Spotify right on the Marx? What's your favourite love song?