Blast kills two Nato soldiers in Afghanistan

Last updated 20:35 04/12/2012

Relevant offers

World

Refugee crisis: Aylan's father tells funeral don't risk lives of loved ones Refugee crisis: Migrants stream into Austria, swept west by overwhelmed Hungary UK's David Cameron bows to pressure to take more Syrian refugees Boy, 11, shoots 16-year-old dead Hatton Garden jewel heist: Pensioners plead guilty over multi-million pound diamond raid United States military cadets injured in out-of-control pillow fight Wife steals police car while husband is cuffed inside Australian Border Force goes overboard into Operation Overkill Cruise passenger wakes from coma to deny suicide bid Football Federation Australia monitoring rising tensions in Dushanbe

The international military coalition in Afghanistan says two of its service members have been killed in a bomb attack in the country's south.

The Nato-led alliance said in a statement issued late Monday (Tuesday NZT) that the blast occurred earlier that day. It did not provide further details or the nationalities of the dead. The coalition usually waits for member nations to identify their dead before providing specifics on attacks.

There have been at least 384 international service members killed so far this year, the vast majority of them Americans. 

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content