Teen had planned more shootings

SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN
Last updated 07:28 23/01/2013

Related Links

Teen guns down five in US home Teen accused of killing family had clean past

Relevant offers

World

Donald Trump's giving mixed messages about who's to blame on healthcare 'I thought I was going to die': Children save mum from domestic violence attack Police rule out terror as car driven into revellers outside London pub More than 40 meat farm rescue dogs arrive in New York from South Korea 'Tomorrow will be too late': Residents urged to evacuate as Cyclone Debbie intensifies in Australia Police: 'No apparent reason' for shooting on Las Vegas bus Muslim women form human chain across Westminster Bridge in show of solidarity with terror victims Pope's sex abuse board vows to go on without survivor member US nightclub shooting leaves man dead, 15 others wounded Dozens injured in gas explosion that destroyed buildings in the UK

Authorities in the US say the teenager accused of gunning down his family over the weekend had reloaded his guns after the attacks and planned to go to a Wal-Mart and randomly shoot people.

Instead, they say 15-year-old Nehemiah Griego texted a picture of his dead mother to his 12-year-old girlfriend, then spent much of Saturday with her. The two went to the church where his father had been a pastor, and Griego eventually confessed to killing his parents and three younger siblings.

Bernalillo County Sheriff Dan Houston says Griego had planned the attack for a week, but it's unclear if he ever actually went to a Wal-Mart or why he changed his mind. He said he had planned to randomly shoot more people, then die in a shootout with law enforcement.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content