'Bad batch' of heroin kills woman
A woman has died and a number of other people have been hospitalised in Sydney as a result of a "bad batch" of heroin, police say.
In a statement, police said a 50-year old woman died at Liverpool hospital yesterday after overdosing on what they described as a "bad batch" of the drug.
Police said numerous other people in the city's southwest were hospitalised after overdosing on the dodgy heroin.
Inspector Greg Tetley from Liverpool police station said he believed the "particular batch is causing people to unwillingly overdose".
"It's important we get the message out to the community in order to prevent any further harm," he said in a statement.
"If you are unsure or concerned, I'd urge you to seek medical treatment."