Bourbon backlash forces brewer backtrack

Last updated 07:32 18/02/2013

Relevant offers

World

Far left, right-wing groups rally: Anti-Islam, anti-racism groups protest in Melbourne Brexit aftermath spurs 'Bregret', political infighting EU calls for UK to 'Brexit' quickly; Britain wants more time Deadly California wildfire destroys 150 homes, more threatened Sydney mother prosecuted for sending death threats New Zealand ranks 4th in prosperity index Sydney man charged after two alleged sex attacks What the world looks like when you look like Barack Obama He came for his children. What he found was his wife dead and his mother with a gun World's Ugliest Dog crowned a winner

After a backlash from customers, the producer of Maker's Mark bourbon is reversing a decision to cut the amount of alcohol in bottles of its famous whiskey.

The company's chief operating officer said Sunday that it is restoring the alcohol volume of its product to its historic level of 45 per cent, or 90 proof. Last week, it said it was lowering the amount to 42 per cent, or 84 proof, because of a supply shortage.

The brand known for its square bottles sealed in red wax has struggled to keep up with demand. Distribution has been squeezed, and the brand had to curtail shipments to some overseas markets.

In a tweet on Sunday, the company said to its followers: "You spoke. We listened."

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content