A marijuana trafficking moggy has Dunedin police baffled, after it hauled home a five-gram bag of cannabis.
A Dunedin woman phoned police on Sunday evening to say her cat had brought home a "bag of drugs", Sergeant Reece Munro told the Otago Daily Times.
"You hear of cats bringing dead birds and rats home, but I've never seen anything like this before," he told the newspaper.
Investigations into the haul, worth about $100, were continuing.
As for the cat, there was no news on whether it had abandoned cat nip hits for cannabis.
Should your GPS be an official record of your speed?Related story: GPS speed readings not accepted
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region