Kiwi shot putter Tom Walsh has recorded a disappointing sixth place finish at the Diamond League in Eugene, Oregon.
The world indoor bronze medallist and Commonwealth Games hope struggled to get near his personal and season best of 21.16m - with his longest throw today coming in at 20.51m.
American athletes swept the podium, led by Reese Hoffa's winning throw of 21.64m.
Joe Kovacs was second (21.46m) and Christian Cantwell third (21.38m).
A Glenavy man, 23, faces charges after police arrested him for smashing down a door at 10pm.
Be entertained by Showstoppers on Saturday or entertain yourself with an art class on Sunday.
Police issued three licence suspensions for excess demerit points.
Should David Cunliffe have taken a three-day family ski holiday two months before the election?Related story: Editorial: Family break no mistake
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region