The Mackenzie district farmer who died after being crushed between a truck and a fertiliser loading bucket has been named by police.
He was Philip William MacKay, 49.
The farmer suffered "massive" injuries to his pelvic area and was flown to Christchurch by the rescue helicopter on Monday.
He died in Christchurch Hospital yesterday.
MacKay had been leaning up against a loading bucket when a truck drove forward and crushed him, a spokesman for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter said.
Emergency services were called to the incident near Lake Benmore about 8.15am on Monday. Police waited to release his name to inform family overseas first.
- The Timaru Herald
Should David Cunliffe have taken a three-day family ski holiday two months before the election?Related story: Editorial: Family break no mistake
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region