A hearing and vision impaired Timaru woman has gone missing and police are concerned about her well being.
Police have appealed for sightings of Shelley Lurajud, 43, who was last seen by her father at 2.30pm yesterday.
She had intended to walk to the Aigantighe Art Gallery on Wai-iti Rd, but failed to ring her family by 8.00pm and did not return home overnight.
Police said they were "extremely concerned for her well being".
Lurajud has severely impaired sight and hearing, and usually walks with a cane.
She is 1.5m (4ft 11) tall, slim and has short black hair. She wears spectacles and a hearing aid.
At that time, she was wearing a maroon pullover, black tights and short black boots. She did not have her purse or warm clothing with her.
Police are currently canvassing the area and asking residents to check their backyards, woodsheds and drains.
If anyone has seen or has information in relation to the whereabouts of Shelley, they are asked to contact the duty sergeant at the Timaru police station on 6879808.
- The Timaru Herald
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage