Snow warnings for South Island
Several snow warnings have been put in place in the South Island.
The MetService has issued snow warnings for the Lindis Pass, Porters Pass, Lewis Pass and Milford Road.
In the Lindis Pass, about two to four centimetres of snow is expected above 300 metres tonight.
Meanwhile, snow showers are expected tomorrow morning in the Lewis Pass, with forecasters expecting between one to three centimetres to accumulate above 400m.
In Porters Pass, brief snow showers are predicted above 400m overnight tonight.
Further south, showers are expected to develop tonight, with snow lowering to between 200 to 300 metres in Milford, mainly south of Lake Gunn, with between five to eight centimetres expected to accumulate.
- The Press
Should your GPS be an official record of your speed?Related story: GPS speed readings not accepted
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region