English tourist lost on Mt Somers
A 48 year-old Englishman who was lost on the Sharplin Falls track in the Mt Somers area near Methven, Canterbury, has been found unhurt.
He was found by the Methven LandSAR group at 5.30pm.
Tekapo Police Senior Constable Brent Swanson said six land search and rescue people from Methven had gone to the track to look for the Englishman.
"He suffered no injuries. He was just lost."
He is a tourist staying with family in Christchurch.
Swanson said the tourist had been walking and got lost on the way to the Pinnacles Hut. He rang police on his cellphone. They were able to triangulate his approximate location from that, Swanson said.
- The Timaru Herald
Should 1080 be used to control pests?Related story: Dept has no plans to use 1080 in Ohau
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region