Four people charged with the manslaughter of Ashburton man Arran Gairns in May have entered no plea at their appearance today.
Desmond Kapi Marshall, 46, of Ashburton, Wellington woman Olivia Toby Frances Lucas, 26, Mayfield man Verdun Ashley Perry, 24, and Ashburton man Kooly Managki Te Tomo, 26 appeared in the Timaru District Court this morning.
All four people had earlier been charged with assault with intent to rob with Marshall already pleading guilty to the assault charge.
Gairns was found dead in a drainage run-off area in Ashburton.
Police previously said Gairns drowned.
All four entered no plea and were remanded in custody to appear in the High Court at Christchurch on September 9.
- The Timaru Herald
Is it time to reassess how rural ambulance services are operated?
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region