Waimate mayor Craig Rowley has sworn in the district's latest citizens.
Ian and Shirley Anderson, and Kayleigh Newnes, were sworn in at an official ceremony at the Waimate District Council last week.
Mr and Mrs Anderson lived in the Timaru district until relocating to Waimate last October. Mr Anderson has worked at Light Leathers since they came to New Zealand with their children in 1980.
Ms Newnes followed her parents to Waimate from Portsmouth, England.
She lived in Blenheim for a couple of years before returning to Waimate, where she and her partner Vince Creech work on a dairy farm at Morven. "We want to work our way up," she said.
- The Timaru Herald
Should Timaru drop its community Christmas dinner?Related story: Festive dinner under threat
• Email or call (03) 687 1383
• Website ideas: Email or tweet us
• Book an ad: Email or call (03) 687-1337
• Place a classfied ad: Email
or call (03) 687-1395
• Subscribe: Email
or call (03) 687 1392 or 0800 100 129
• No paper click here
• Stop or start your paper click here
• Buy a photo
• View or sign up for the Digital Edition
• Discover how to use Newspapers in Education
• Make timaruherald.co.nz your homepage
View obituaries from around the region.
View marriage and birth notices from around the region