A chopped finger has proved costly for a Cambridge beekeeping business.
Cambridge Bee Products Limited has been ordered to pay over $40,000 after an employee lost part of his finger while using a tablesaw.
Last week the Te Awamutu District Court heard that on July 3 this year, an employee was working at the Cambridge premises of Cambridge Bee Products cutting plywood inserts on an unguarded tablesaw.
Health and Safety acting central division general manager Murray Thompson said all tablesaws should have guards and this was an avoidable accident.
The company was fined $32,000 and ordered to pay reparation of $10,000.
- © Fairfax NZ News