It's summertime and artists and bands around the country are gearing up for festivals and tours. We've caught up with a bunch of Kiwi artists and asked them a couple of questions: Today A Hori Buzz's Aaron Tokona
1. What are you up to this summer?
Hooning around Aotearoa playing all the mean Festivals.
2. What's your favourite thing about playing summer festivals/tours?
Being apart of a festival line up is awesome because your pretty much looked after really well. Add that with nearly everyone else playing on the same line up are some of your best muso mates, it can make for some pretty mean badass times!
3. Three things you need at every summer festival/gig:
Your best mates. Somewhere warm to sleep. Something to eat. And all the rest!
4. The best summer venue in New Zealand and why?
Well my best experience as a performer at a summer festival was Rippon last year. Beautiful environment and everyone feels they can get crazy together in a safe place. I've heard that Coromandel Gold has that same vibe so I'm very much looking forward to that.
5. If you're not on stage yourself - who's your favourite summer act?
The Yoots, a bit of Lord Echo and his melodies, The orchestra of Spheres and maybe Stevie Wonder to top it all off !
A Hori Buzz
Dates: Coromandel Gold 30/31 December.