3-D Star Wars prequels paused

Last updated 16:35 29/01/2013

Relevant offers

Entertainment

Adele's 11 greatest moments from her international tour Harry Styles teases new music with mysterious trailer Martha Wainwright: The unruly songbird Dixie Chicks take a swipe at Donald Trump during Australian concert One Direction's Liam Payne and Cheryl Cole welcome baby boy Token diversity on The Bachelor NZ - thanks but no thanks Adele says 'Hello', as the singer embraces Aotearoa Love Actually sequel hits the soft spot Toni Street and Sam Wallace to take over from Polly and Grant on The Hits Adel-uge forecast to drench concert goers on Sunday

The force isn't with the 3-D versions of the Star Wars prequels.

Lucasfilm said in a statement that it's postponing the scheduled 3-D releases of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones and Episode III - Revenge of the Sith this autumn to instead focus its efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII.

The Walt Disney Co. confirmed Friday that J.J. Abrams, creator of the TV series Lost and director of 2009's Star Trek movie, will direct the seventh installment of the franchise, set for a 2014 release.

Disney bought Star Wars maker Lucasfilm last month for $US4.06 billion.

Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released in 3-D last February and earned US$22.4 million in the United States its opening weekend. The original prequels were released from 1999 to 2005.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content