Stolen property awaits owners
A series of car break-ins and thefts has left Timaru police with a pile of recovered property and little or no information about the rightful owners.
A 22-year-old man and 27-year-old woman, both of Dunedin, have been charged in connection with two vehicle break-ins that occurred late on the night of January 28 or early on January 29.
Both have been charged with unlawful interference of a motor vehicle and unlawful taking from a motor vehicle.
Constable Sam Hawker said police had recovered several items, including some property that might have been taken in other incidents on those dates. They are continuing investigations.
The items include:
- A black Guess handbag
- Two pairs of sunglasses, one Ray-Ban brand
- A Motorola mobile phone with a shattered screen
- A pair of silver-coloured dangle earrings
- A silver-coloured necklace with a spider and spiderweb pendent
- A half-full bottle of Gucci perfume
- A key and keychain
- Various makeup and personal care items, including nail clippers and a hair clip
Anyone who has recently had a vehicle broken into or recognises any of the recovered items is asked to contact Constable Hawker at the Timaru police station on (03) 687 9808 or by email at email@example.com.
The Timaru Herald