Timaru Herald top 6: December 16, 2013
What you clicked on last weekTIMARU HERALD STAFF REPORTER
Rubbish fires contributed to two of the most viewed online stories at www.timaruherald.co.nz last week.
An out-of-control fire engulfed a sleep-out at St Andrews and narrowly missed a house on Saturday, December 7. A day later Temuka firefighters assisted a youth who was burned in a backyard fire, while on Friday a warehouse at the Port of Timaru caught fire.
Also in our weekly round-up of the most viewed stories was a follow-up with the organisers of t-shirts and merchandise promoting Timaru - which have proven popular.
1. Teen hurt in backyard fire
A teenager treated for extensive burns remains in a stable condition after he fell into a backyard fire in Temuka early Sunday morning.
2. Fire crews battle blaze at port
The fire in a warehouse at the Port of Timaru is believed to have started in a pile of rubbish inside the Fraser St building.
3. Timaru label becoming 'must have'
A souvenir range of T-shirts, aprons, recyclable bags and signs has been in high demand since being unveiled last month.
4. Thieving jack be nimble
The cast and crew of Jack and the Beanstalk have had their $300 advertising signs stolen, the very night they were erected.
5. Another victim of uneven tiles
A Timaru woman is angry after tripping on Stafford St tiles on Sunday, fracturing her ankle.
6. Schoolboy club honours McCaw
He may have turned down a knighthood after leading the All Blacks to Rugby World Cup glory, but Richie McCaw was happy to accept a life membership from the Kurow Rugby Club.
- (Live Matches)