Auckland ranks in top 5 observation towers
Auckland's Sky Tower has featured in TripAdvisor's list of the top ten iconic observation towers in Asia Pacific.
Based on the reviews and opinions of travellers around the world, the list encompasses some of the most breath-taking views.
Coming in at No 5 on the list, the Sky Tower is the tallest structure in the southern hemisphere and allows you to take in 360-degree views of Auckland's gorgeous aqua-hued harbour for up to 80km in every.
You can SkyWalk outside on the pergola at 192 metres and even SkyJump off the tower.
As one TripAdvisor user said, "The view is insane!! You have not seen Auckland in its proper glory until you have viewed it all from that height!"
The top ten observation towers in Asia Pacific are as follows:
1. Shanghai World Financial Center - Shanghai, China
2. Marina Bay Sands SkyPark - Singapore
3. Eureka Skydeck 88 - Melbourne, Australia
4. SkyPoint - Gold Coast, Australia
5. Sky Tower - Auckland, New Zealand
6. Tokyo City View - Tokyo, Japan
7. Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office (TMG) - Tokyo, Japan
8. Oriental Pearl Tower (Dongfang Mingzhu) - Shanghai, China
9. Macau Tower Convention & Entertainment Centre - Macau, China
10. Bitexco Financial Tower Skydeck - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam