For some, travel is all about getting great photos to capture a memory or just for bragging rights. You don't even need fancy equipment, all it takes is a phone... and Instagram.
Here's a look at New Zealand's top 10 travel Instagrammers.
1. @Bare_Kiwi - Stripping away all the glitz and glam around New Zealand tourism, Kyle and Sammy are committed to showing what tourism in New Zealand really is, from a local perspective. They've been on an epic road trip - #GreatKiwiRoadie - for several months visiting all the best spots in New Zealand sharing all their misadventures through video and great photos.
2. @backpackingmatt - Originally from the Midwest, USA, Matt somehow ended up in New Zealand, where he remains today on the South Island in beautiful Queenstown. The blogger behind Backpacking Matt and PlanitNZ, when he's not working you'll find him exploring New Zealand on his mountain bike, his paraglider or by hiking in the backcountry.
3. @mauoscar - Mauricio and Oscar are Brazilian travel bloggers and expats based in New Zealand who capture the pure beauty of the country in every single photo they share.
4. @LivingAKiwiLife - Jenna and Jordan are Canadian expats who sold all their stuff and decided to start over in Wellington. Dedicated adventure seekers, they have been tackling all of the Great Walks and more, telling their stories through photos and videos.
5. @wildboy_co_nz - A young kiwi on an epic adventure, Brando is walking around New Zealand's entire coastline. Carrying everything he needs in his backpack, has been tackling the 7000+km for over a year and isn't finished yet. His Instagram reveals a side of New Zealand few get to experience.
6. @seandgi - Sean is a Wellington-based reporter and photojournalist sharing insightful and beautiful snaps of New Zealand's culture capital.
7. @ChrisTaylorPhotos - A talented photographer and instagrammer, Chris is based in the Bay of Plenty, and his shots show off the simple beauty of everyday life on the North Island.
8. @WanderlustersUK - Benjamin & Charli quit their jobs and sold everything four years ago and have been exploring the world ever since, spending 2 years in New Zealand alone. Divemasters and expert photographers, every pic they share tells a story.
9. @yestoadventure - A trained volcanologist, Jaime decided to take a break from volcanoes and work in tourism in New Zealand. A guide at Hobbiton she has recently decided to give the South Island a try, working with horses in Glenorchy. Her iphoneonly shots showcase the raw beauty of New Zealand.
10. @chelebanks - From Wellington, Michele effortlessly captures Wellington's beauty and shows off everything that makes the capital special on her Instagram, especially the sunsets.
Liz Carlson is a full-time travel blogger based in Wanaka. As New Zealand's top Instagrammer, Liz is committed to sharing her adventures and misadventures, one iPhone photo at a time on Instagram @YoungAdventuress. Check out more of her work at youngadventuress.com.