Chinese tourist discovers why you should never try to kiss a snake
You might have heard of kissing a few frogs before you find a prince, but what happens when you kiss a snake?
A Chinese tourist was unlucky enough to find out.
The woman, named by media as 29-year-old Jin Jing, bit off more than she could chew when she tried to smooch a python at a Thai animal park on January 9.
The snake apparently didn't appreciate being the target of her affections, and retaliated by latching onto her nose and refusing to let go.
A video shows the tourist and others screaming as the animal handler tried to pull the python off, but its fangs were well and truly embedded.
The handler struggles to disengage the snake – as a colleague stands grimacing in the background.
A subsequent photo, posted online, shows she needed stitches to close up the deep tears in her nose.
Thankfully for her, the snake – a reticulated python – wasn't poisonous, The Phuket News reported.
After being treated at Phuket International Hospital, she was released to recover at her hotel.