The food block at Morrinsville College has been evacuated this afternoon after reports of a fire.
Northern Fire Communications shift manager Jaron Phillips said fire had been reported after a flourescent light blew just after 1pm today.
"Fire crews are investigating a fire in the ceiling cavity, it doesn't appear to be too major but the food block has been evacuated as a precaution," he said.
One fire crew remains at the scene.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Is it time for backyard fireworks to be banned?Related story: (See story)
View marriage and birth notices from around the region
View obituaries from around the region