Tweets of the Week: who said what and why
Welcome to the hood
Jesse J O'Brien (@DarkroomJesse): ''Love my city, love my new neighbourhood!! #lovethetron #hamiltonlake #massivemotivation...''
- We are loving that you are loving our city so much Jesse. And not a bad view, your new backyard.
Hugh Jorgensen (@hughjorgensen): ''Must. Resist. Urge. To fly back to Hamilton.''
- Hugh's feeling the return of the Georgie Pie to the Waikato. We'll pop one in the warmer for you bro.
Let us eat cake
- Soooo, RK, how's that cake for the poor struggling journos coming along?
Humour in tragedy
Chris © (@kiwibrit9): "more time under the knife than Joan Rivers!"
- Like most of us, Chris may not be coping well with the news Richard Kahui has probably, definitely, played his last game for the Chiefs.
Words to live by
Angela O'Leary (@AngelaOlearyHCC): ''I've got one, how bout 'stop messin with the game and let the lads play!''
- Hamilton City's rugby-loving councillor reacts to yet another IRB scrum change and tell it like it is. We'd also like to see the lads rescue kittens from up trees dressed as fireman, if that can be arranged?
Rosemarie North (@RosemarieNorth): ''It just goes to show that natural light can be your friend. My regards to Bruce.''
- Praise for this photo by Waikato Times photographer Bruce Mercer for a story on the preparations to welcome our Afghan interpreters and their families. Beautiful photo by a talented photographer.
James McOnie (@JamesMcOnie): ''Nice. That course has produced some good journos. So are you doing a follow-up for the @WaikatoTimes on dodgy video refs?''
- Wintec graduate and new sports reporter Anthony Momoemausu (@AnthonyUsu1) gets some career guidance from a fellow Waikato sports type.
Liam Messam @LiamMessam): ''To the person out bidding me on trade me can u stop please my son wants that tramp haha''.
- Pretty sure dad will want a go on it too.
Free Love Freeway
Matty B (@V8Matty): ''Just drove from Hamilton to Te Awamutu with @FreeFM89 loud and clear all the way. Great tunes tonight.''
- Nice work Matty B. We love FreeFM89.
Trish Dotcom (@Trish_Dotcom): ''Don't panic Hamilton. Im on my way. I actually #LoveTheTron''
- We hope we turned on good weather for you, Trish.
Dumplings. We do them well.
Kelly Ryan (@BeerKel): ''Why has no one told me about the amazing Dumpling House on Te Aroha St? Flippin' awesome! #lovethetron #hamiltonnz''
- So with you on that one, Kelly. And we did try to tell you all with this story by our own Denise Irvine.
Stephen Doran (@stepdoran): ''Wow, a month's free power and gas, just for living in the Hamilton. #lovethetron''
- There are a lot of overworked and underpaid reporters here who want to know how to jump on board this train Stephen. No really.
Love your work
Hamilton City Council (@CouncilHamilton): ''And best use of social media in local government at #ALGIM goes to.... US! Well done @HamiltonRingRd! Great work! #winners''
- Big high fives to to @CouncilHamilton and @HamiltonRingRd for the award. Proud members of the #HamiltontonMafia.
Hamilton Ring Road (@HamiltonRingRd): ''Celebration time!''
- Let it be know that the Hamilton Ring Road knows how to celebrate in style. Ooo la la!
Beehive to bust
Rupert the Beer (@RupertTheBeer): '' Key will this afternoon be announcing NZ's new capital: Matamata. #RIPWellington''
- We gotta say we are loving this idea. Parliament can sit in the Green Dragon Inn.
The real burger war
Michael Cummings (@manstaneditor): ''A-hem, with the most fast food outlets per capita in NZ, Palmy is the nation's capital! #Georgiepie #dubioushonour''
- The ed at our cuzzy paper The Manawatu Standard takes the gloves off after we dared suggest H-Town was the country's fast food capital.