Fire call out in Ngaruawahia

MARYANNE TWENTYMAN
Last updated 08:35 13/11/2012

Relevant offers

Fire fighters were called to a Ngaruawahia property overnight after reports of a smoke-filled house.

Ngaruawahia fire chief Marty Kampman said a woman at the house  had fallen asleep after putting bottles in a pot to sterilise on the stove.

"There was a lot of smoke in the house and I have to say the three people at the property were very lucky indeed," he said.

With no smoke alarms installed in the Kent St property Mr Kampman said the result could have been far worse.

The three people at the house were check for smoke inhalation and Mr Kampman said fire fighters ventilated the house before leaving.

Ad Feedback

- Waikato

Special offers
Opinion poll

Why do you think Hamilton's 150th anniversary ball failed to attract interest?

Too elitist

Ticket prices were too high

A gala ball is an outdated celebration

I thought it was a great idea

I don't care about the city's 150th celebrations

I didn't know about it

Vote Result

Related story: Who fumbled the ball?

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content