One person has suffered moderate injuries after a garage caught on fire in Morrinsville this evening.
Fire fighters from the Morrinsville Volunteer Fire Brigade were dispatched to fight the blaze at about 6.31pm.
Fire northern communications shift manager Megan Ruru said two trucks were sent to the fire and fire safety officer was requested.
St John Ambulance northern communications spokesperson Ptrece Gosney-Payne said paramedics treated one patient with minor injuries at the scene.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Is it time for backyard fireworks to be banned?Related story: (See story)