A Ukrainian train carrying bodies from the Malaysia Airlines plane crash has left the station of the town of Torez. Pro-Russian rebels controlling the crash site agreed for the remains to be taken to the city of Kharkiv to be later flown to the Netherlands.
- At least five people were killed and 70 injured by an Israeli strike on a hospital in Gaza, Palestinians say. Israel said seven of its soldiers died in the 24 hours to Monday evening (local time), bringing number of Israeli military dead to 25. Ten militants were killed after using tunnels to get into Israel.
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore agreed to a US$190 million (NZ$218.6m) settlement with more than 8000 patients of a gynaecologist who secretly photographed and videotaped women's bodies with a pen-like camera.
- The Chinese moon rover Jade Rabbit, which sent out a dying message in January, is still functioning, authorities say.
- Facebook adds a feature that lets users save things they are interested in, but do not have time to check out, for a later date.
- A federal jury found a friend of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev guilty of obstructing the investigation into the 2013 attack.
- In one of his most candid interviews, rapper Kanye West tells GQ magazine that "in order to win at life, you need some Kim K skills", referring to his reality star wife Kim Kardashian.
- Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman's last wish was that his children not grow up to be spoiled brats.