Clinton leaves hospital after blood clot
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been released from a New York hospital where she was treated for a blood clot in her head.
Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines said her doctors advised her that she had been making progress on all fronts and they were confident she will make a full recovery.
He said Clinton was appreciative of the excellent care she received at New York-Presbyterian Hospital and was eager to get back to work. A date for her return to the State Department has not been set.
Earlier the State Department said Clinton had been talking with her staff by telephone and receiving memos.
Clinton also spoke to two foreign officials - the UN envoy on Syria and the prime minister of Qatar - the day before the State Department disclosed the blood clot.
"She's been quite active on the phone with staff and taking paper, etc," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said at her daily briefing.
The secretary of state, who has not been seen in public since December 7, was revealed on Monday to be in a New York hospital under treatment for a blood clot that stemmed from a concussion she suffered in mid-December.
The concussion was itself the result of an earlier illness, described by the State Department as a stomach virus she had picked up during a trip to Europe that led to dehydration and a fainting spell after she returned to the United States.
- AP and Reuters