Teen had planned more shootings

SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN
Last updated 07:28 23/01/2013

Related Links

Teen guns down five in US home Teen accused of killing family had clean past

Relevant offers

Americas

Rift widens between Obama, US military over strategy to fight Islamic State 8 slain in Florida murder-suicide Stolen jaguar found after 46 years US Senate approves aid to Syrian rebels US pledges $53 million in new aid for Ukraine's struggle Lady al Qaeda seeks to drop legal appeal House approves Obama's Iraq-Syria military strategy Ebola survivor Kent Brantly addresses US Congress Toronto Mayor Rob Ford diagnosed with rare cancer Obama: US will not fight another ground war

Authorities in the US say the teenager accused of gunning down his family over the weekend had reloaded his guns after the attacks and planned to go to a Wal-Mart and randomly shoot people.

Instead, they say 15-year-old Nehemiah Griego texted a picture of his dead mother to his 12-year-old girlfriend, then spent much of Saturday with her. The two went to the church where his father had been a pastor, and Griego eventually confessed to killing his parents and three younger siblings.

Bernalillo County Sheriff Dan Houston says Griego had planned the attack for a week, but it's unclear if he ever actually went to a Wal-Mart or why he changed his mind. He said he had planned to randomly shoot more people, then die in a shootout with law enforcement.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content