Poisoned lotto winner's brother sought probe
The brother of a Chicago man poisoned with cyanide shortly after winning the lottery says he is the family member who asked authorities to reconsider the initial finding that his sibling had died of natural causes.
Imtiaz Kahn says he had nightmares about his brother before his death and his suspicions about the death lead him to push coroner's officials to conduct more test. Urooj (oo-ROOJ') Khan died July 20 as he was about to collect his $425,000 (NZ$509,000) in Illinois State Lottery winnings.
Imtiaz Khan said in a telephone interview Monday that he began demanding more tests be conducted immediately after coroner's officials said he died of natural causes.
Further tests revealed in November that Urooj Khan had been poisoned. His body was exhumed in January for more testing.