Bourbon backlash forces brewer backtrack

Last updated 07:32 18/02/2013

Relevant offers

Americas

After gumbo and beer, customer leaves a $2,000 tip Students fight school dress codes with #CropTopDay Police dog rescues officer from roadside ambush Man named Bacon busted for sausage bashing Ex-police officer suspected in slaying arrested after international manhunt Wild weather kills at least 28 Johnny Depp's Dogs: Mick Doohan says situation 'hilarious' Teens charged after thousands of ladybirds swarm through school Man stolen as baby reunited with mother after 41 years Black widow spider hiding in grapes bites woman

After a backlash from customers, the producer of Maker's Mark bourbon is reversing a decision to cut the amount of alcohol in bottles of its famous whiskey.

The company's chief operating officer said Sunday that it is restoring the alcohol volume of its product to its historic level of 45 per cent, or 90 proof. Last week, it said it was lowering the amount to 42 per cent, or 84 proof, because of a supply shortage.

The brand known for its square bottles sealed in red wax has struggled to keep up with demand. Distribution has been squeezed, and the brand had to curtail shipments to some overseas markets.

In a tweet on Sunday, the company said to its followers: "You spoke. We listened."

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content