US man thanks iPhone's Siri for saving his life in explosion video

A US man who was injured in a house explosion is thanking Siri for saving his life.

Christopher Beaucher says he was checking on his mother's vacant cottage in Wilmot, New Hampshire, on May 1 when he saw something suspicious and went inside.

He tells WMUR-TV when he switched on a light, the house exploded into flames.

Siri called 911 after an explosion badly burned a US man's hand. 

apple; black; closeup; electronic; iphone; iphone 4s; ...
123RF

Siri called 911 after an explosion badly burned a US man's hand. apple; black; closeup; electronic; iphone; iphone 4s; mobile; siri; apps; button; icon

Beaucher's face and hands were badly burned. He grabbed his cellphone, but was unable to dial due to his injuries. He says he somehow asked his iPhone's voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock.

READ MORE:
* 4-year-old uses Siri to save his mum's life
* Australian mum uses iPhone's Siri to save her child's life

Beaucher is still undergoing treatment for his injuries, but says he hopes to return to his job as a cook and tend to his farm.

Authorities are still investigating the explosion.

Ad Feedback

 - AP

Ad Feedback
special offers
Ad Feedback