Kiwi injured in Kuala Lumpur attack

DEIDRE MUSSEN
Last updated 13:52 03/08/2014

Relevant offers

Asia

Tiger mauls woman to death in Chinese safari park Bangladesh police arrest four female militants in hunt for cafe attackers 'They electrocuted me' say Indonesia's death-row prisoners nearing execution China's flooding leaves 170 dead Man's bizarre attack on Great Wall of China Floods kill more than 150 across China, leave scores missing Jetstar mid-air fight: Alleged brawlers return to Melbourne Search on as Indian military plane with 29 on board missing in Bay of Bengal Actual snakes on a plane? Well, almost Possible early North Korean nuclear site found -report

A New Zealand man is in hospital in Malaysia with injuries suffered in attack in Kuala Lumpur, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed today.

A ministry spokesman said a consular representative of the New Zealand High Commission had been in contact with the man to check on his welfare.

''Consular staff will continue to provide updates and advice to the family of the New Zealander.''

He said the man's family declined to comment publicly and asked for privacy.

Reports surfaced yesterday in Malaysian online media, which stated a 47-year-old Kiwi tourist was slashed by a taxi driver following an argument about a woman in a hotel room in Jalan Changkak, Bukit Bintang on Friday.

The reports said the tourist, a beekeeper from New Zealand, suffered cuts on his face and neck in the 12.30am incident.

It quoted Kuala Lumpur police stating the victim managed to escape the room and seek help.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content