Family violence offenders to be named in Guam

Last updated 08:30 03/04/2014

Relevant offers

Asia

Judicial review into Bali Nine pair 'would not stop executions' Last legal push to save Bali Nine pair Chinese netizens squirm as party tightens grip on Internet Death penalty charges likely for NZer facing Bali drug charges AirAsia jet in sound condition before crash North Korea 'demanded $10bn cash and food' for summit with South Truckload of cats seized in Vietnam Former Wellington woman found dead in Thailand Chinese police caught feasting on endangered salamander AirAsia probe looks at possible computer glitch, crew response

A registry listing repeat family violence offenders in Guam is going public.

Pacific Daily News said the registry had been in the works for nearly three years. It was scheduled to be launched on Monday (local time).

A 2011 law created through a bill introduced by territorial Senator Dennis Rodriguez requires the Office of the Attorney General to keep a database of those convicted of at least two family violence offenses. A person could be placed on the registry for a first offense in some cases, such as crimes involving deadly weapons.

Carlina Charfauros, a spokeswoman for the office, says the registry will be retroactive to 2011. Someone convicted before 2011 and after also would be listed.

In cases where a conviction is expunged, the offender could be removed from the list.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content